Raleigh | Smithfield | Charlotte | Orlando | Goldsboro

What to Know About Applying for a Waiver of Inadmissibility in Florida

 Posted on March 28, 2024 in Immigration

Orlando, FL immigration lawyerIf you are trying to figure out how to get permission to enter the United States but find the rules in Florida confusing, you are not alone. Even though it may be hard, it is important to know about different ways you can apply for a waiver. This is true for people who are already in the U.S. and people who want to come into the U.S. but are not here yet.

There are special rules for people who have been in the U.S. without permission, those who need protection because they are in danger, and victims of violence or human trafficking. It is always a good idea to work with a lawyer who knows a lot about immigration laws to help you through this process.

Our team at Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC is made up of experienced immigration lawyers who are ready to help people in Florida with their immigration needs. We are here to give you the detailed advice you need, no matter how complicated your situation is.

Provisional Unlawful Presence

There is a special waiver for people who cannot change their status in the U.S., usually because they have been in the country for too long without permission even if they came in legally. This waiver lets certain people, like spouses of U.S. citizens or permanent residents, apply for a waiver while they are still in the U.S. But someone who applies for a provisional unlawful presence waiver will probably still need to leave the country and go through an interview at a consulate before they can come back in. A lawyer can help you understand if you can apply for this waiver and guide you through the process.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

TPS is a program that helps people from certain countries who cannot go back home because it is too dangerous because of problems like wars or natural disasters. If you get a TPS waiver, you can also work in the U.S. and will not be deported. Knowing if you qualify for TPS can be a big help if you are facing immigration issues in Florida.

Protections for Victims of Violence and Human Trafficking

If you have been hurt or taken advantage of, there are special laws like the Violence Against Women Act and the Trafficking Victims Protection Act that might help you stay in the U.S. A lawyer can talk to you about these options and see if they apply to your situation.

Get in Touch with an Orlando, FL Immigration Lawyer 

Remember, these are just a few ways to help someone who cannot get a visa to come to the U.S. To find out more about how a lawyer can help you or someone in your family, contact our knowledgeable Orange County, FL immigration lawyers at Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC. Call 407-955-5000 to talk to us for free today.

Share this post:
des aila aila
Back to Top