Raleigh | Smithfield | Charlotte | Orlando | Goldsboro

Orlando Immigration FAQ

Lawyers Answer Frequently Asked Questions About Immigration in Orange County and Winter Springs, FL

The immigration laws in the United States are complicated, and immigrants and their loved ones may be unsure about how they can legally enter the U.S., what procedures they will need to follow, and what types of information they will need to provide to immigration officials. At the Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC, we provide representation for immigrants, helping them meet their legal requirements and determine the best ways to resolve any legal concerns that affect their ability to come to the United States or continue living in the country. We can answer any questions you may have about the immigration process and the laws that apply in your situation, and we can advise you on the best way to resolve immigration issues effectively.

Can I Sponsor My Family Members for Immigration?

Family-based immigration is one of the most common ways that foreign citizens receive authorization to come to the United States. U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents can apply for different types of family visas on behalf of their loved ones, and eligibility for visas will be based on someone's relationship to the person being sponsored for immigration. When sponsoring a family member for immigration, a person will need to submit an Affidavit of Support stating that they have the ability to provide for the needs of their family members. Immigrant visas obtained through sponsorship by a family member will allow a person to live permanently in the United States and receive a Green Card.

How Can I Stay in the United States After the Expiration of a Temporary Visa?

In some cases, a person who is currently in the U.S. with a temporary nonimmigrant visa may be able to apply for an adjustment of status and receive a Green Card that will allow them to live in the United States permanently. To be eligible for permanent residence, a person will usually need to receive sponsorship for immigration from a family member or employer, and an immigrant visa must be available for them.

What Are My Options if I Am Inadmissible to the United States?

Immigration officials may find that a person is inadmissible to the U.S. based on violations of immigration laws, health issues such as failure to receive required vaccinations, criminal convictions, previous deportations, or other issues. Following the denial of a visa or other situations in which a person cannot be admitted to the United States, an immigrant may apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. In many cases, these waivers will be based on the claim that refusing to allow the person to live in the United States would cause hardship for their family members in the U.S.

How Can I Defend Against Deportation?

A person may face deportation if they entered the United States illegally, stayed in the U.S. after the expiration of a temporary visa, or committed other violations that led immigration officials to initiate removal proceedings. In some cases, a person may apply for cancellation of removal, or they may receive protection against deportation by applying for asylum or refugee status or deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA). Victims of crime or domestic abuse may also receive protection from deportation through U visas or the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).

When Can I Apply for U.S. Citizenship?

Generally, a person with a valid Green Card can apply for citizenship through naturalization if they have maintained residence in the U.S. for at least five years. A person will need to meet a number of requirements, including passing civics and English tests and taking an oath of allegiance to the United States.

Contact Our Saint Cloud Immigration Attorneys

Our lawyers can answer any other questions you may have about immigration, and we can help you address any issues that you may encounter during the immigration process. Contact us today by calling 407-955-5000 to set up your complimentary consultation. We provide legal help to immigrants and their loved ones in Orlando and other cities throughout the state of Florida, including Oviedo, Apopka, Casselberry, Leesburg Bay Lake, Winter Garden, Lake Buena Vista, Daytona Beach, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary, Windermere, Clermont, Saint Cloud, Sanford, Kissimmee, Winter Springs, Winter Park, St. Petersburg, Ocoee, and Tampa.

des aila aila
Back to Top