Raleigh | Smithfield | Charlotte | Orlando | Goldsboro

Orlando Family-Based Immigration Attorney

Oviedo family immigration attorneys for visa applications

Lawyers Assisting With Visa Applications for Family Members in Orange County, Sanford, and Winter Garden

While there are multiple options available for those who wish to immigrate to the United States, the best option for many immigrants is to receive sponsorship from a family member who currently lives in the U.S. However, there are many steps that will need to be following during the immigration process, and failure to file the correct forms or provide the right information may lead to delays or prevent a person from being able to come to the United States. To ensure that these matters are handled correctly, families will need to work with an experienced immigration lawyer.

At the Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC, we provide legal help with multiple types of immigration cases. With more than 35 combined years of experience, our attorneys can help families meet all of their requirements and address any issues that may arise. We will work with family members to complete visa applications, submit information to the correct government agencies, and complete all steps in the immigration process.

Understanding the Requirements for Family Immigration

When sponsoring a family member for immigration, a person will need to determine the types of visas they qualify for. If the sponsor is a U.S. citizen, their spouse, minor children, or parents can receive an immediate relative visa, or other relatives such as adult children, brothers, or sisters may receive family preference visas. Lawful permanent residents of the United States may sponsor their spouse or children for immigration, and these family members may receive a family preference visa. A U.S. citizen may also apply for a fiancé visa that will allow their partner to come to the United States so the couple can get married.

The family immigration process usually involves the following steps:

  • File a Petition for Alien Relative - The sponsoring family member will file Form I-130 with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This petition will be processed by the National Visa Center (NVC).
  • File an Affidavit of Support - The sponsoring family member must submit Form I-864 to the NVC. This form will show that the sponsor will have the means to provide for the financial needs of their family member(s) who will be immigrating to the United States. The sponsor will also be required to file supporting documentation providing proof of their income and financial resources.
  • File an Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Each family member that will be immigrating to the U.S. must complete Form DS-260.
  • Submit civil documents - Each person immigrating to the United States will need to submit documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, adoption records, police or court records, or military records. The specific documents that are required will vary depending on the person's home country.
  • Complete a medical examination - Each immigrant must receive an examination from a doctor that has been approved by the U.S. embassy in their home country, and they must also receive any required vaccinations.
  • Attend a visa interview - An interview will be scheduled at the U.S. embassy or consulate in an immigrant's home country. Based on this interview, a consular officer will determine whether a person is eligible to receive an immigrant visa.

If a person's visa is approved, they must enter the United States before the date the visa expires. After coming to the United States, an immigrant will be able to receive an adjustment of status and receive a Green Card.

Contact Our Tampa Family Immigration Lawyers

The process of applying for and receiving a family immigration visa can be very complex. The Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC can help make sure you follow the correct procedures and submit the proper documents during this process, ensuring that your family will be able to live together in the United States. To set up a free consultation and get legal help with immigration issues, contact our office at 407-955-5000. We serve clients in the Orlando area and throughout the state of Florida, including St. Petersburg, Ocoee, Casselberry, Tampa, Oviedo, Kissimmee, Apopka, Sanford, Clermont, Lake Buena Vista, Windermere, Saint Cloud, Winter Springs, Leesburg Bay Lake, Winter Park, Winter Garden, Altamonte Springs, Daytona Beach, and Lake Mary.

des aila aila
Back to Top