Raleigh | Smithfield | Charlotte | Orlando | Goldsboro

Orlando Family Preference Visa Attorneys

Sanford F visa application lawyers

Lawyer Helping With Visas for Family Members of Citizens and Green Card Holders in Winter Park and Oviedo

For many people in foreign countries who want to immigrate to the United States, the best way to do so is to receive sponsorship for immigration from a family member. However, an immigrant will need to understand the types of family-based visas that are available. While some people may qualify for immediate relative visas because they are the spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. citizen, other types of relatives will need to apply for Family Preference or F visas. These visas are also available for close relatives of people living in the United States with valid Green Cards. When applying for visas, family members will need to meet multiple requirements, and an experienced immigration lawyer can provide guidance and legal representation to ensure that they will be able to complete this process correctly.

The attorneys at the Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC provide our clients with dedicated legal help informed by more than 35 years of combined experience. We understand the issues that can arise during the process of applying for visas for family members, and we are prepared to respond to the denial of a visa or any other concerns that may affect a family's ability to live together in the United States. We can also help immigrants defend against deportation, and we work with people to apply for U.S. citizenship.

Qualifying for Family Preference Visas

While there are no limits on the number of immediate relative visas that are available for close family members of U.S. citizens, the federal government only allows a certain number of family preference visas to be issued. Generally, no more than 226,000 of these visas can be issued each year. These visas are issued in the following order of preference, with each preference category receiving a certain percentage of the total number of visas that can be issued. The preference categories are:

  • First preference - Unmarried adult children (21 years old or older) of U.S. citizens can receive F1 visas.
  • Second Preference - Spouses and unmarried minor children (under 21 years old) of Green Card holders can receive F2A visas. Unmarried adult children (21 years old or older) of Green Card holders can receive F2B visas.
  • Third Preference - Married children (above or below the age of 21) of U.S. citizens can receive F3 visas.
  • Fourth Preference - Siblings (sisters and brothers) of U.S. citizens can receive F4 visas.

If a person receives a family preference visa, their spouse and unmarried minor children may qualify for derivative visas, as long as the person was the legal spouse or child of the immigrant when they entered the United States. After being admitted to the U.S., an immigrant will typically be eligible for an adjustment of status, which will allow them to become a lawful permanent resident and receive a Green Card.

Contact an Apopka, FL Family-Based Immigration Attorney

If you are a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder who wants to help your loved ones immigrate to the United States, Vasquez Law Firm, LLC can help you understand whether you qualify for family-based visas, and we can make sure you complete the visa application process successfully. If necessary, we will work with you to address any bars to adjustment of status or apply for waivers of inadmissibility. To get legal help with issues related to immigration, contact us and schedule a complimentary consultation by calling 407-955-5000. We assist with visa and Green Card applications and other immigration-related matters in Orange County and throughout the state of Florida, including Kissimmee, Saint Cloud, Windermere, Winter Park, Winter Garden, Altamonte Springs, St. Petersburg, Lake Buena Vista, Daytona Beach, Apopka, Tampa, Oviedo, Winter Springs, Ocoee, Clermont, Lake Mary, Sanford, Leesburg Bay Lake, and Casselberry.

des aila aila
Back to Top