Raleigh | Smithfield | Charlotte | Orlando | Goldsboro

Orlando Green Card Attorneys

Windermere Green Card and immigrant visa attorney

Lawyers Helping Immigrants Apply for Green Cards in Tampa, Kissimmee, and Orange County

Many citizens of foreign countries hope to immigrate to the United States, where they will be able to live in safety and pursue opportunities for work and education. Obtaining a visa that allows a person to come to the U.S. is an important part of the immigration process, but in most cases, a person will also want to receive authorization to live in the United States permanently. To do so, a person will need to apply for a Green Card that will recognize them as a lawful permanent resident. During this process, a skilled and experienced immigration lawyer can help immigrants and their sponsors ensure that they are following the correct steps and meeting all of their requirements.

The Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC provides legal help and representation in family-based immigration cases, as well as other related matters, including assistance with the visa application process, obtaining citizenship through naturalization, and deportation. With 35+ years of combined experience, our attorneys help families throughout every stage of the immigration process, ensuring that they provide the necessary information when filing paperwork and respond correctly to any issues that may affect their ability to live together in the United States.

Green Cards for People Planning to Come to the U.S.

Most of the time, when a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident sponsors a family member for immigration, they will be able to apply for a Green Card along with an immigrant visa. Immigrants who are currently living in another country can use a process known as consular processing to apply for an immigrant visa, and once they are approved for entry to the United States, they will be able to receive a Green Card. The following people are eligible for Green Cards through family visas:

  • Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens - IR visas allow a citizen's spouse, unmarried minor children, or parents to become lawful permanent residents.
  • Other relatives of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents - F visas allow the immediate relatives of lawful permanent residents or adult children and siblings of U.S. citizens to receive Green Cards.
  • Fiancés of U.S. citizens and children of fiancés - K visas allow foreign fiancés and their children to receive Green Cards after the citizen and fiancé get married.
  • Widows and widowers of U.S. citizens - A person who was legally married to a U.S. citizen when the citizen died can apply for an immigrant visa and Green Card.
  • Victims of domestic violence - The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows the spouse or children of a U.S citizen or lawful permanent resident to apply for a visa and Green Card if they have suffered domestic abuse.

Green Cards for People in the United States

In some cases, a person who wishes to become a lawful permanent resident may already be residing in the U.S. If a person entered the United States on an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa, they may be able to apply for adjustment of status. They will typically need to be approved for an immigrant visa if they have not already received this type of visa, and they can then file an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485). Adjustment of status is available for family members who are eligible for Green Cards, as well as people who have received employment-based immigrant visas. Refugees and asylees will also be eligible for Green Cards after living in the United States for at least one year.

Contact Our Winter Springs Green Card Application Lawyers

Whether you are planning to help a family member immigrate to the United States or are an immigrant who is currently living in the U.S., our attorneys can help you follow the correct steps when applying for a Green Card. To get legal help with Green Cards or other immigration issues, contact our office by calling 407-955-5000 and schedule a free consultation today. We assist with visa and Green Card applications in Orlando, Orange County, and other Florida cities, including Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, Tampa, Clermont, Lake Mary, Sanford, Kissimmee, Daytona Beach, Leesburg Bay Lake, St. Petersburg, Winter Park, Winter Garden, Winter Springs, Saint Cloud, Apopka, Casselberry, Lake Buena Vista, Ocoee, and Windermere.

des aila aila
Back to Top