Raleigh | Smithfield | Charlotte | Orlando | Goldsboro

Tampa Immigration Attorneys

Tampa, Florida family immigration attorney

Lawyers Helping Immigrants With Visa and Green Card Applications and Deportation Defense in Tampa, FL

Immigrants come to the United States from all over the world. Some people may receive temporary authorization to stay in the U.S. for a limited time, and they may wish to establish permanent residence, especially if they are concerned that they may be required to return to their home country. In other cases, a person in the U.S. who has family members in other countries may wish to help their loved ones immigrate. Whether a person is attempting to obtain authorization to immigrate to the United States or is already living in the country and needs to maintain their status as a legal immigrant, it is important for them to work with an attorney who has experience representing clients in immigration cases.

When addressing immigration matters, having the right attorney on your side can ensure that you will be able to avoid problems that may affect your ability to live in the same country as your loved ones. The team at the Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC has a combined total of over 35 years of experience, and we have helped many families apply for visas and defend against being removed from the U.S. We will do everything we can to make sure you will be able to resolve matters related to your immigration status, and we will advocate on your behalf throughout the immigration process.

Assistance With Immigration-Related Issues in Tampa, Florida

Our attorneys assist with family-based immigration cases in which people living in the United States provide sponsorship for their loved ones who live in other countries. We provide legal help with:

  • Applying for family visas - We work with families throughout the process of applying for visas, ensuring that they understand the steps that will be followed, helping them complete and submit the proper immigration forms and provide all required documentation, and working to resolve any complications that may delay this process. We help U.S. citizens sponsor their immediate relatives for IR visas or obtain K visas that will allow them to get married to a foreign fiancé. We also work with citizens or immigrants who have been granted permanent residence to sponsor relatives for F visas.
  • Assistance with visa denials and appeals - There are a variety of reasons that a person's visa application may be denied, and in these cases, we can help immigrants and family members understand their options. In some cases, we may be able to help immigrants apply for waivers of inadmissibility, or we may be able to appeal the denial of a visa or resubmit a visa application.
  • Green Card applications - After receiving approval to immigrate to the United States, a person may also apply for authorization to live in the country permanently. We work with families to apply for lawful permanent resident status and receive documentation that will ensure that they can remain in the U.S., obtain employment, and potentially help other family members immigrate.
  • Adjustment of status - Immigrants who are currently living in the United States may be able to apply to adjust their immigration status and become lawful permanent residents. This may be done by receiving sponsorship from a family member for an immigrant visa, and a person may also receive sponsorship for a work-based visa from an employer in the United States.
  • Citizenship - Immigrants who have maintained a continuous residence in the U.S. for a specified period of time (five years in most cases or three years for immigrants who are spouses of U.S. citizens) can apply to become citizens of the United States. We work with people to complete the process of applying for naturalization, including ensuring that they are prepared for the English and civics tests that will need to be passed.

We also help clients take the proper steps to defend against deportation. Depending on a person's immigration status, the number of years they have lived in the United States, and whether they have any criminal convictions, several options for defense may be available, including showing that removal from the U.S. would cause extreme hardship for a person's family members. If a person believes that they may experience persecution in their home country, we can help them apply for asylum or receive recognition as a refugee. If a person came to the United States as a child, we can help determine whether they can receive protection from deportation under the DACA program. We also work with victims of domestic violence or other crimes to apply for U visas or protection from deportation through the Violence Against Women Act.

Contact Our Tampa, FL Immigration Lawyers

If you need assistance with immigration issues as an immigrant or a sponsoring family member, we can provide you with the legal help you need. Contact the Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC today at 407-955-5000 to set up your free consultation.

des aila aila
Back to Top